Potluck Cordon Bleu Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, ham and cheese; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour; stir until blended. Gradually add cream, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the dill, mustard and nutmeg. Remove from the heat and pour over meat mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and dill. Stir in cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 421 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Jan 12, 2020
Great recipe to use up leftover ham. Family liked it well enough. I just took one bite, but it was a good bite. I'm mostly a vegetarian, so that is why I passsed eating more.
Apr 22, 2018
May 7, 2017
Love this recipe! It's good also with shredded Swiss cheese! Great when it's cold outside!!
Dec 3, 2014
I have made this recipe for years, and it's always a hit. Great for Thanksgiving leftovers.
Oct 11, 2012
I absolutely love this recipe. It is quick and easy and is just fantastic. A great way to use up those Thanksgiving leftovers.
Jan 3, 2011
So good, tasted like an Easter dish and I'll definitely be using Easter leftover ham and making this again! Husband and kids gave it thumbs up!
Nov 28, 2010
Excellent. I do not change a thing!
Jan 9, 2010
I forgot to add that I used the 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and 1/2 can of skim milk instead of the butter, flour and half and half to lighten it up and it worked fabulously well!
Jan 9, 2010
I used 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and a 1/2 can of skim milk and kept the rest of the recipe the same and it turned out amazing! The spice combo is just perfect :)
Feb 1, 2009
This is the best dish. I've been making it every year, shortly after Thanksgiving, for at least 10 years. My Aunt Janet always bakes a ham AND cooks a turkey for Thanksgiving, and she always insists that I bring home leftovers of both. I use them to make this casserole every single time (although I've also roasted turkeys and baked hams just so I would have leftovers for this dish, lol!) I rarely made the same dish twice, but I just keep going back to this one. The walnuts on top, and the dill make it so good.