Southwest Tortilla-Turkey Skillet
I wanted to cut back on red meat, but my husband thinks ground turkey can be dry. I think the taco seasoning and jalapeno juice in this recipe give the turkey added flavor and moistness…and he agrees! —Lindsay Ludden, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon juice from pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 flour tortilla (10 inches), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, water, olives, taco seasoning and juice from jalapenos. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in tortilla pieces. Sprinkle with cheese and jalapeno. Remove from the heat and cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream.