Mediterranean Turkey Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (20 ounces) lean ground turkey
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 banana peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey, zucchini, onion, peppers, garlic and oregano; cook 10-12 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through, stirring occasionally.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 259 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jun 25, 2018
This one is a keeper for our house full of teenagers. It has lots of flavor and texture. I like that it includes the so many healthy food groups in one dish. I can't get fresh banana peppers, so we add jarred ones at the end, which everyone loves. I usually serve it on top of egg noodles or plain rice.