Italian Sausage Veggie Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until sausage is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Add zucchini and peppers; cook until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender and begin to release their juices, 5-7 minutes. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 251 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Sep 16, 2019
This is a great dish! Yummy! I used medium Italian Sausage and added a can of rinsed black beans! Delicious! Thanks!
Aug 25, 2019
This dish was delicious. I didn't have Turkey sausage only chicken sausage. But it came out tasting great. Will definitely be putting this dish into my dinner rotation.