Easy Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup cubed yellow summer squash (3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat in oil until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Add the sausage, squash and onions to the skillet; cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 304 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 4, 2013
I thought this was ok. I got almost done with cooking it and realized it needed to be on a bed of rice or something so I did the rice last minute. Not bad though.
Apr 3, 2013
Made it twice now, everyone loves it! Quick, Easy and Tasty!
Jan 22, 2011
DELICIOUS! I was amazed how healthy and delicious this meal was. great for a regular dinner, or for company. just make sure you double or triple the recipe so you have enough servings for your family. DEFINATELY MAKE THIS!!!