Easy Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup cubed yellow summer squash (3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat in oil until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices. Add the sausage, squash and onions to the skillet; cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 304 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Jun 26, 2019
Sep 4, 2013
I thought this was ok. I got almost done with cooking it and realized it needed to be on a bed of rice or something so I did the rice last minute. Not bad though.
Apr 3, 2013
Made it twice now, everyone loves it! Quick, Easy and Tasty!
Jan 22, 2011
DELICIOUS! I was amazed how healthy and delicious this meal was. great for a regular dinner, or for company. just make sure you double or triple the recipe so you have enough servings for your family. DEFINATELY MAKE THIS!!!