Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in oil until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Return to pan. Add squash and onions; cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 303 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 6, 2018
Very good! I did use 1 can of diced tomatoes and a can of Rotel instead of fresh tomatoes.
Apr 2, 2018
Amazing. Who would think that Worcestershire sauce and a little bit of cayenne pepper would make such an amazing flavor. Chicken sausage works well in this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly. I didn't cut up my zucchini but instead used the spiralizer as to make a little bit of pasta noodle without the pasta. I did add about a handful of red bell peppers and mushrooms. Otherwise follow the recipe exactly. Absolutely outstanding and pretty healthy. I can see why it was a contest winner. when you're presenting it you may want to put out some Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top. This recipe reminds me a little bit of sausage and peppers.
Apr 1, 2018
vjbaker - try zucchini and serving this over egg noodles
Mar 31, 2018
what can ;you use in place of squash....my husband would not eat with that/
Oct 22, 2013
We really liked this easy skillet meal. It was a great use of veggies from our garden. I did leave out the garlic and cyaenne pepper. I seemed spicy anyway. I served it over brown rice.
Nov 18, 2012
Quick, easy & flavorful. Made this recipe using the sausage and then a 2nd time using chicken, Added a bit more red pepper with the chicken and it was amazing both times. It is a keeper
Jul 18, 2008
This recipe is fantastic! Easy to prepare, inexpensive and it tastes great! I will be making this one many times.