Sausage Rice Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add the zucchini, onion, green pepper, oregano and garlic salt; cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in V8 juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 381 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1153mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2018
This was pretty tasty. I liked the sausage versus hamburger idea
Jun 28, 2012
This is a nice simple recipe, goes together fast. I used regular rice and canned tomatoes since that is what I had on hand and I thought it turned out fine.