Sausage Pierogi Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16.9 ounces) frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat,cook sausage in 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes longer or until coleslaw is wilted. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- In another large skillet, heat remaining butter and oil. Drain pierogies; add to skillet. Cook and stir until browned; add the sausage mixture and toss to coat. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 411 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1379mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Apr 19, 2016
looks good tastes even better
Jan 26, 2016
Great tasting and so easy to make! It is a big hit!
Mar 18, 2014
One of our favorite meals! We use potato/cheese pierogies, and I often don't brown them before adding to the sausage and cabbage mix. My husband loves it with mustard. So easy and so delicious!
Oct 13, 2013
Very easy and great tasting.
Oct 8, 2013
Very easy, quick, and delicious. Because of the comments, I used 2 cloves of garlic and some dijon mustard (2 tsp?). wonderful.
Jun 8, 2013
I've been looking for a new recipe to add to our dinner rotation. I found this one and was excited to try it, as I grew up on pierogies as a side dish. I made this tonight, but used 2 boxes of the mini pierogies and kielbasa sausage as that's what I had on hand. I also used 2 cloves of garlic minced instead of the granulated garlic. It turned out pretty well but it's a little bland, it's missing something. I'm thinking of adding a cider vinegar/brown sugar/dijon sauce that's used in another potato kielbasa skillet that I found on the website as well. It's definitely something I'll make again, and hopefully the added sauce will help.
Feb 28, 2013
the sausage had a nice flavor, but we didn't like the pierogies.
Dec 26, 2012
didnt use celery salt! pierogie flavor is your preference butter and oil really not needed may just a lil water to steam veggies and sausage. didnt have a bay leaf either! LOL! :) My kids ate it soo... Im Sold!
Oct 3, 2012
It was so Delicious. I made ground turkey instead and it was scrumptious!! Very easy to make.
Oct 3, 2012
For years I have drained sour kraut and used it instead of cabbage. Also I used polish kielbasa (browned) instead of sausage. Yum.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.