Italian Sausage Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 2 Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Crumble sausage into a small skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Combine the egg, ricotta and parsley.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce in an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Trim noodles to fit dish. Layer a third of the noodle pieces over sauce; top with a third of the remaining sauce, a third of the ricotta mixture and 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover; bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 496 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 1120mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 26, 2015
Easy and delicious!
Nov 5, 2014
Great recipe to prepare
Apr 27, 2010
This is my favorite lasagna recipe. It makes just the right amount and turns out perfectly every time. I also use no-boil noodles.
Jan 31, 2010
I also used the no cook lasagna noodles and it came out great.
Mar 8, 2009
ps: I used the lasagna noodles you don't have to boil first. "oven ready", made it even easier to prep. Came out perfect.
Mar 8, 2009
This was fantastic, I didn't change a thing. The flavor was terrific and it was a very easy recipe to follow. I can't believe I've never thought to make lasagna in a loaf pan, it made 3 generous sized portions. I'll definitely make this again!