Mediterranean Turkey Panini
Panini are sandwiches that are pressed and toasted. I love making different panini recipes for my fellow teachers and friends. For potlucks, make several and cut them into fourths. The turkey panini sandwiches work well as an appetizer for any occasion. —Martha Muellenberg, Vermillion, South Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 container (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound sliced deli turkey
- Spread each ciabatta bottom with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce. Top with half the cheese, artichokes, tomato, turkey and remaining cheese. Spread each ciabatta top with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce; place over turkey.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until cheese is melted, 4-5 minutes. Place remaining marinara sauce in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high until heated through. Serve with sandwiches.
Test Kitchen Tips