Apple-Swiss Turkey Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 8 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Place apples on a microwave-safe plate; microwave, uncovered, on high 1 minute or until slightly softened.
- Lightly spread toasts with mustard. Layer half of the toasts with turkey, cucumber, cheese and apples; top with remaining toasts.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 415 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Feb 27, 2018
I needed a quick easy lunch and this fit the bill. I didn't microwave the apple, but I thought it and the cucumber (both at room temp) provided a nice contrast to the warm toast. I used whole wheat bread in place of the multigrain bread. If I make this again, I think I'd add more honey mustard. I also might add a slice of a tangier cheese to offset the muted flavors of the Swiss.
Feb 13, 2018
This is my go to sandwich the day after Thanksgiving. I don't microwave the apple as there is no need because I make these as paninis. The apples get warm and soften up a tad in the press. Love the heartiness of the bread, but Texas Toast can also be used if your family isn't into the health breads.
Sep 6, 2012
This was interesting. Made this for lunch today when dh came home. Good healthy toppings and the honey mustard makes it but it was missing something and it was dill. That made all the difference. Husband agreed.
Sep 14, 2010
Best Sandwhich i ever made! i actually didnt have swiss cheese and i dont like honey mustard so i used provolone cheese and mayo and mustard.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.