Pesto-Turkey Layered Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut the top fourth off loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Spread pesto on the inside of top and bottom of bread. Set top aside.
- In bottom of bread, layer the turkey, cheese, zucchini, tomatoes and onion. Gently press the layers together. Replace bread top and wrap tightly in foil.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 661 calories, 33g fat (13g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 2065mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 39g protein.
Sep 14, 2017
Thanks for sharing your recipe...I just made it last night to take to share with my Bunco group and everybody LOVED it!! I will definitely make this very tasty and easy sandwich! Just wanted to tell you that I used tomato pesto (because that is what I had on hand) and it was incredible!! BTW, I live in YL too!!
Oct 3, 2015
Feb 28, 2015
Dec 11, 2014
Aug 15, 2010
This is a now a family favorite! It is easy and the directions and times are right on target. Very good mix of flavors.
Feb 5, 2010
This is a fabulous recipe! My husband loves it and asks for it often...especially during the summer. It travels well, is filling and so yummy! Enjoy! We sure do...
Sep 14, 2009
made one for dinner; then again for a picnic-both times they were devoured!
Jul 20, 2009
This is a great recipe for a light dinner or companion for soup! Love that you can change up the ingredients to make different versions of the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.