Bistro Turkey Sandwich
As a turkey lover who can't get enough during fall and winter, I was inspired to come up with a restaurant-worthy sandwich. I love it with a soft, rich cheese like Brie. —Grace Voltolina, Westport, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup whole-berry or jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 pound cooked turkey, sliced
- 8 slices Camembert or Brie cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 3 cups arugula (about 2 ounces)
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; saute apple with sugar and cinnamon until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, melt remaining butter over medium heat; saute onion until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sauteed apple.
- Spread cranberry sauce onto cut side of bottom portion of rolls; layer with turkey, apple mixture and cheese. Place on a baking sheet alongside roll tops, cut side up.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese begins to melt and roll tops are golden brown, 45-60 seconds. Add arugula; close sandwiches.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 797 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1196mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 6g fiber), 55g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.