Grilled Turkey Sandwiches
I love this turkey sandwich recipe. Since I'm cooking for two nowadays, I enjoy being creative with simple meals. —Dollypearle Martin, Douglastown, New Brunswick
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 2 slices (1 ounce each) cheddar, Swiss or provolone cheese
- 4 thin slices cooked turkey
- 6 to 12 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread cream cheese on two slices of bread. Layer cheese, turkey and spinach over cream cheese; top with remaining bread. Spread butter on top and bottom of sandwiches. Cook on both sides on a hot griddle or skillet until the bread is browned and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 331 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Turkey Sandwiches in Reminisce July/August 1996
Jan 11, 2012
Very good sandwich. I used provolone cheese along with the cream cheese and added sliced tomatoes..Wow!
Oct 7, 2010
I made this for one. It was very good. Next time I will add more spinach as I used the organic baby spinach.