Grilled Turkey Kabobs
I tried these kabobs at a friend's barbecue and asked for the recipe. Marinating them overnight really gives the flavor a chance to soak in. They make a tangy light meal served with fruited rice pilaf. -Marilyn Rodriguez of Fairbanks, Alaska
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
Makes4 servings, 2 kabobs each
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-1/2 cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small green peppers, cut into 1-1/2 squares
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the chili sauce, lemon juice, sugar and bay leaves. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Discard bay leaves from reserved marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread turkey and vegetables. Brush lightly with oil.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 9-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.