Steak Sandwich Kabobs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 ounces focaccia bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 2 cups deli coleslaw
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle beef with steak seasoning. Alternately thread the beef, red pepper, bread cubes and onion onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. For medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°. Top with cheese; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine coleslaw and walnuts. Serve with kabobs.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob with 1/2 cup coleslaw: 597 calories, 33g fat (6g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Nov 26, 2014
My favorite go to meal!
Aug 19, 2010
I have made this recipe a number of times and my husband and I love it. The only change I made is to brush the entire cube of focaccia bread with olive oil before putting it on the skewer (this prevents the bread from burning).
Jun 18, 2009
Easy to adjust to preferences, no veggies, no cheese, etc. I also added button mushrooms to the kabobs - good addition. A definite keeper.Skipped the coleslaw and walnuts.