Summer Steak Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Add beef; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables; discard marinade. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat until beef reaches desired doneness, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts2 kabobs: 257 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
May 7, 2018
Great flavor. Only change I made was to use pineapple in place of the squash. Will try with chicken too!
Oct 25, 2014
I have been using this marinade recipe for at least ten years -- it's great! Haven't found any we like better.
Feb 17, 2013
This is the marinade we use for our grilled steaks. I do use fresh minced garlic & ginger, (2 cloves of garlic, and about a tablespoon of peeled gingerroot). The flavor is great, and the honey glazes the meat nicely.
Apr 8, 2012
I use this marinade for my grilled steaks and love it! It's the only way I'll eat steak now.
Jun 24, 2011
It was tasty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.