Summer Steak Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Add beef; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables; discard marinade. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat until beef reaches desired doneness, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts2 kabobs: 257 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
May 7, 2018
Great flavor. Only change I made was to use pineapple in place of the squash. Will try with chicken too!
Oct 25, 2014
I have been using this marinade recipe for at least ten years -- it's great! Haven't found any we like better.
Feb 17, 2013
This is the marinade we use for our grilled steaks. I do use fresh minced garlic & ginger, (2 cloves of garlic, and about a tablespoon of peeled gingerroot). The flavor is great, and the honey glazes the meat nicely.
Apr 8, 2012
I use this marinade for my grilled steaks and love it! It's the only way I'll eat steak now.
Jun 24, 2011
It was tasty.