Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small onions, cut into six wedges
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, mash garlic with salt to form a paste. Stir in the oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Thread vegetables alternately onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; place in a shallow pan. Pour garlic mixture over kabobs; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or just until vegetables are tender, turning frequently. Carefully unwrap foil
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 202 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 11, 2013
Made over labor day holiday - next time I would double the garlic/lemon juice mixture so that there is more liquid to marinate.
Aug 7, 2013
I REALLY liked this. I didn't make kabobs though. I threw everything into a Ziploc bag to marinate and then broiled in a pan for about 18 minutes, stirring often. I loved the marinade. Just the right amount of lemon.
Jun 30, 2013
This was a tasty and unique vegetable recipe. The only change I made (due to weather) was to broil them in the oven instead of grilling. I put them on a baking sheet lined with foil, and turned every few minutes.
May 2, 2009
This is an excellent recipe. Instead of using kabobs, I placed the vegetables in a grilling basket.