Just Delish Veggie Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or just until tender. Cool.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the apple juice, vinegar, basil, mustard, honey, soy sauce, oil, garlic and pepper. Add the mushrooms, red pepper, zucchini and cooked potatoes. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and reserve marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread vegetables. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 168 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
May 25, 2013
May have not marinated veggies long enough. Will try again.
Jun 9, 2012
Thank you for a terrific recipe! I highly recommend trying these. I even made some in the oven, too, and the vegetables were perfect.
May 28, 2012
A great recipe that my family enjoys.
Jul 2, 2011
I have made these kabobs 4 different times and they are a big hit! Everyone loves them! I've even passed the recipe on to others. I would definitely recommend this recipe.
Aug 28, 2009
Awesome!!! I've prepared those several time over the summer and I always double the recipe. It's a wonderful side dish for either company or a casual backyard BBQ.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.