Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon
- 2 large sweet onions
- 4 large green peppers
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce and reserved juice. Cut each piece of chicken into four strips. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; cut in half widthwise. Cut each onion into 16 wedges; cut each pepper into eight pieces. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken strip.
- On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the bacon-wrapped chicken, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Jul 2, 2016
Very Good. Very simple. Very Quick Prep. We skipped the bacon and it was great without. I also didn't have pineapple juice (used fresh pineapple) so substituted pear juice. Was still great. I look forward to trying the pineapple juice. I also skipped the marinating because of time and it was still very flavorful and moist. I did baste frequently to make up for the marinating. Am sure it would be even better with marinating.
Aug 18, 2014
Delicious! I served these with the Dilly Potato Salad and Grilled Corn on the Cob on the same page.
Apr 27, 2014
Really delicious. Served these at an impromptu gathering and everyone loved them! I left the onion out only because we didn't have any at the time.
Sep 1, 2013
I have been making this recipe since it was first published in 07'. It is one of our favorite summer grilling dishes, perfect for company too! It is worth the extra steps of pre cooking the bacon and marinating the chicken. I like to prep the chicken and veggies a day before to save time on grilling day. Sometimes we substitute fresh pineapple and use pineapple juice from a bottle for the marinade. This is a great dish so serve on Fathers Day too.
Mar 29, 2013
when ever I make these, if I want left overs, I can not let any one know they are on the grill. can never make enough.
May 8, 2011
These were delicious. It was a little more work than I like to do to eat, but since hubby bbq'd, it was delicious. I did't have any green peppers so I added mushrooms instead.
Aug 6, 2010
Ok for the guy who thinks you need to cook the reserved maranade...it says to discard the marade that was used on the chicken. You would use the reserved maranade that was left over from taking a cup out. Please read before using a recipe and making reviews. I actually cooked this recipe, we go out on the lake in our boat and meet up with alot of people. I made this for everyone and it was the biggest hit yet. Simple and easy.
Jul 6, 2010
I did make these, and they are delicious! Am making again tonight for guests.
Jun 25, 2010
It seems kind of funny to me that this is such a big debate. It's not rocket science. Heck, I'd just cut the chicken into chunks, marinate, wrap a piece of bacon around each chunk, skewer it, and barbecue. Sounds reeeeally yummy!
Jun 13, 2010
I haven't made this yet but plan to. Reading the reviews didn't scare me because if they had really READ the recipe, they would see that you do brush the marinade while it's grilling and you use the RESERVED marinade for this purpose.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.