Pineapple Shrimp Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup each reduced-sodium soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple, chunks, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, honey and garlic. Set aside 1/3 cup. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread the shrimp, green pepper and pineapple. Place kabobs in a large resealable plastic bag; pour remaining marinade over kabobs. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Cover and chill reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 168 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 443mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Apr 30, 2011
Left out the green pepper, but otherwise followed the recipe. Great flavour in the marinade! Might add more garlic for our taste for next time. Thanks!
Apr 2, 2010
Wonderful! I used rice vinegar instead of Balsamic and grilling took more than 10 minutes