Special Seafood Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces swordfish steak, cut into six pieces
- 4 sea scallops
- 4 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the swordfish, scallops and shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a bacon piece around each scallop. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the scallops, swordfish, shrimp, vegetables and pineapple.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill seafood, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque, shrimp turn pink, and scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 382 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Mar 31, 2010
I made these for company, and everyone loved them. Swordish was not available so I used halibut, and it turned out fine. Served with rice pilaf and roasted asparagus, this was a nice healthy and EASY meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.