Cajun Boil on the Grill
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated red potato wedges
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), halved
- 3/4 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound summer sausage, cubed
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Divide potatoes, salmon, shrimp, sausage and corn among four pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18x12-in. rectangles). Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Squeeze lemon juice over top; place squeezed wedges in packets. Fold foil around mixture, sealing tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, shrimp turn pink and potatoes are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 509 calories, 30g fat (7g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 1302mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Jun 10, 2018
This recipe was great! I did par cook the potatoes in the oven by roasting them with a little oil and salt and pepper. I also par cooked the corn in boiling salted and sugared water (after brining for an hour in same water). I guessed these items would not cook long enough in the packet to be tender without overcooking the shrimp and salmon. I also discovered another way to eat corn on the cob because of this recipe, with Old Bay on it. It's delicious!
May 26, 2018
These ingredients all have different cook times. Nothing worse than over cooked Shrimp. Biting into Corn and it smells like Salmon, unpleasant.
Feb 18, 2018
What a quick easy way for a crab boil!
Sep 6, 2017
We made it over our camp fire 2 different weekends. Easy and the kids loved it!
Aug 5, 2017
We do this in a big pot of "seasoned " water, I think this will be much better just steamed, much more flavor!! "Low Country Boil " w/out the boil !! Yum!! I tried to put 5 stars, wouldn't let me. I do not like this new format!!!!!
Aug 5, 2017
Sounds wonderful, however, what is Cajun about it
Jun 10, 2016
The ingredients blend perfectly and everything in the packets taste wonderfully. This recipe also works with leftover potatoes and cooked in the oven.
Oct 31, 2015
Easy, delicious and flavorful
Jun 29, 2015