Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the paprika, thyme, salt, nutmeg, garlic powder and cayenne in oil for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add shrimp; saute for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked shrimp: 131 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 29, 2019
made this recipe to complement a take on “Three Sister's Succotash”...corn, zucchini,
Mar 8, 2019
Easy to prepare with ingredients that I have on hand! I went easy on the cayenne since a little heat goes along way for my family.
Feb 13, 2019
Easy to prepare and lip smacking good! I followed the recipe exactly using the full 1/4 tsp of cayenne because we like spicy. I used larger shrimp and found that I needed to add about 1 minute to the cooking time. I will make these again and again. Lynne, TOH Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 8, 2013
tasty and so easy i was embarrassed by the compliments!
Oct 19, 2009
This was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly except I left out the nutmeg as I had none. It didn't make a lick of difference as this was just delicious and super fast to put together.