Total TimePrep: 15 min. + simmering Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound butter, cubed
- 3 medium lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2-1/2 pounds uncooked shell-on medium shrimp
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place shrimp in a large roasting pan; pour butter mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring once. Serve warm with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 424 calories, 38g fat (23g saturated fat), 267mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 12, 2015
Tried this recipe today...buttery n light tasting...husband liked them better than party shrimps (also in TOH) ...I cut the recipe in 1/3 but still thought it uses way too much butter...also the lemon wedges left a little bitter taste in the end but that's perhaps because the lemon I used was green n not fully ripe...will be making it again...ate all the shrimps and saved the excess butter to use again!!
Feb 1, 2013
Nice zing without being too hot. My 9 year old daughter,16 year old son, and husband loved it. I had all the ingredients on hand and simple to make.
Jul 3, 2012
This is delicious! I made it for dinner for my nieces and served it with corn on the cob and broccoli rice.
Aug 15, 2010
that was a hit, very good.
Jul 1, 2010
This has become my new favorite! My eight year old twins love it !
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.