Spicy Shrimp Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 radishes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 38 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Jul 15, 2016
Fabulous! A couple of tips: the recipe did not specify Hot or Mild Jalepe?os, and I grabbed a small jar not realizing until I added it to the mix that it was the mild version. This recipe definitely needed the hot version... so I added some sriracha sauce, and that added the heat. Secondly, salsas need to marinate for a while, so I made this two days before the party, but did not add the shrimp until just before serving. Perfecto!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.