Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
It's up to you how to enjoy this cocktail—eat it with a spoon as a chilled soup, or use tortilla chips or crackers for scooping. —Erin Moreno, Arcadia, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (12-1/2 ounces) mandarin natural flavor soda
- 1-1/2 cups Clamato juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (100-150 per pound)
- 2 avocados, finely chopped
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Stir in soda, Clamato juice, lime juice and ketchup. Add shrimp. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add avocados. Serve with a slotted spoon and tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 142 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp Coctel in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016