Tequila Lime Shrimp Zoodles
This tangy shrimp is a great way to cut carbs without sacrificing flavor. If you don't have a spiralizer, use thinly julienned zucchini to get a similar effect. —Brigette Schroeder, Yorkville, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Additional grated lime zest
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in tequila, lime zest and lime juice. Cook over medium heat until liquid is almost evaporated, 2-3 minutes.
- Add olive oil and remaining butter; stir in shrimp and zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink and zucchini is crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and additional lime zest.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 246 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Tequila Lime Shrimp Zoodles in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.