Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, oil, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with apricot mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 4, 2012
This is a delicious dinner for a hot summer night.
Aug 21, 2010
This is a wonderful way to have shrimp. It's just the right ratio of heat to sweetness. I like to have this dish on special nights when it's just my husband and I. It goes great with garlic biscuits. I have been making these shrimp for yrs. and will continue.
Feb 15, 2009
My husband goes crazy over these and eats the whole pound of shrimp by himself!