Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, oil, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with apricot mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 4, 2012
This is a delicious dinner for a hot summer night.
Aug 21, 2010
This is a wonderful way to have shrimp. It's just the right ratio of heat to sweetness. I like to have this dish on special nights when it's just my husband and I. It goes great with garlic biscuits. I have been making these shrimp for yrs. and will continue.
Feb 15, 2009
My husband goes crazy over these and eats the whole pound of shrimp by himself!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.