Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked linguine, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute shrimp and garlic just until shrimp turn pink, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Add wine to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half; pour over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. If desired, serve over linguine.
Nutrition Facts1 cup shrimp mixture: 321 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 16, 2018
Quick and easy to prepare! Plus it was delicious leftover! I used the chicken broth and served mine over spaghetti. I also added more seasoning to the shrimp. I added some salt, pepper, and creole seasoning to give it more flavor.
Jun 26, 2018
the original is called Sampi alla Triestina, but at least someone who cares,(without the noodles) with some white bread and wine. Try it sometimes
Nov 4, 2017
I am gong to make this for company! Very yummy.
Oct 11, 2017
Luxuriously delicious. Poured over Udon noodles. Mmmmmmm!
Sep 26, 2017
I read all of the reviews and tripled the liquid amounts and then added 3-4 tablespoons of 1/2 and 1/2 with some Wondra quick-mixing flour. You could use regular flour or corn starch. Next time I'm quadrupling the liquid amount. Also used a small amount of pepper flakes like you get with pizza. Terrific flavour!
May 23, 2016
After reading other reviews, I added extra garlic, butter and chicken broth. Then I added the cooked pasta to the pan before putting it all in the oven. My husband couldn't say enough how much he enjoyed this meal.
Apr 2, 2016
Very easy great flavor I severed over pasta . A must try
Jan 6, 2016
Excellent. Peeling and deveining the shrimp weren't my favorite part but we picked up fresh shrimp at the docks while the boats came in when we were on vacation at the beach. It doesn't get much better than that.
Nov 27, 2015
I made this a couple of months ago and loved it. Making it again tonight. Yummo!
Aug 28, 2015
quick and cheesy -I mean easy ;) Was looking for something like this for dinner and it was perfect. Even the picky eaters! Works great with pasta.