My husband and I have hectic schedules, so I’m always looking for fast meals that have special-occasion appeal. Shrimp with garlic, tomatoes and pasta is a winner. —Catherine Jensen, Blytheville, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp begin to turn pink, 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in basil, salt and pepper. Serve with spaghetti and cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup shrimp mixture with 1 cup cooked spaghetti: 357 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Oct 9, 2017
My family loved this recipe! It comes together quickly and tasted great with fresh basil from our garden. All my favorite ingredients-pasta, tomatoes, shrimp, and fresh herbs-were represented in this delicious dish!