My husband and I have hectic schedules, so I’m always looking for fast meals that have special-occasion appeal. Shrimp with garlic, tomatoes and pasta is a winner. —Catherine Jensen, Blytheville, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp begin to turn pink, 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in basil, salt and pepper. Serve with spaghetti and cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup shrimp mixture with 1 cup cooked spaghetti: 357 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp Pomodoro in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Oct 9, 2017
My family loved this recipe! It comes together quickly and tasted great with fresh basil from our garden. All my favorite ingredients-pasta, tomatoes, shrimp, and fresh herbs-were represented in this delicious dish!