Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat egg. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture with Monterey Jack cheese, spinach and half of the onions. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated though. Top with remaining onions; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 311 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Jun 11, 2018
I'VE BEEN MAKING THIS FOR YEARS NOW AND CAN HONESTLY SAY IT'S MY FAVORITE PASTA RECIPE! EVEN MY YOUNG GRANDCHILDREN LOVE IT AND IT IS SO EASY TO GET THEM TO EAT SPINACH, AS WELL AS OTHER VEGETABLES I SOMETIMES HIDE IN THE CASSEROLE. I ALSO USE PEPPER JACK FOR HALF OF THE CHEESE WHEN I HAVE IT.
Jun 9, 2018
Very easy, and very delicious
Jun 9, 2018
I have made this for years. It is one of our favorites.
Feb 11, 2018
I needed to use up a bag of fresh baby spinach and decided to try this recipe. It was very good. I just coarsely chopped the spinach and added it in. I also used about 6 ounces of macaroni that was left in the box. This really turned out well.
Jan 27, 2018
Great, easy recipe. Made this in a whim for a quick dish. Didn't follow the recipe 100% due to shortage of some ingredients. Used fresh spinach and made homemade fried onions. Overall had everything and was easy to put together. I thought it was good, my boyfriend loved it.
Sep 20, 2017
Added 8oz diced ham, and my 3 yr old is now eating spinach!
May 7, 2017
Love this recipe! Even people who don't like spinach love this!
Mar 1, 2017
loved using Monterey jack cheese in this - what a different taste and we loved it
Dec 23, 2016
This was good. I needed a quick recipe for supper using the leftovers from a rotisserie chicken I had. The kids really liked it. I doubled the recipe and added about the equivalent of a chicken breast and thigh to the recipe.
Dec 2, 2016
This was pretty good. A great way to get my kid's to eat spinach!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.