Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat egg. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture with Monterey Jack cheese, spinach and half of the onions. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated though. Top with remaining onions; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 311 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Feb 6, 2020
This recipe looked great and I usually trust all recipes from this site. This one was truly completely tasteless as written! My family was so disappointed and we all threw it away after a bite. Please beware as I was also sad I wasted good ingredients!
Feb 5, 2020
This was really good. I made a few changes... Added chicken, used bowtie pasta and added some cream. It needed a little milk added when I reheated it the next day.
Jan 8, 2020
This sounds delicious. To add more protein, shredded cooked chicken and/or cooked bacon could be added. YUMMO!
Jan 3, 2020
Great side dish! Plus any time I can get my kids to eat spinach, I feel like I'm winning! The fried onions add a great crunch!
Nov 10, 2019
This is a very good pasta side dish! Also, a recipe you can make additions to for a main dish. Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor.
Aug 12, 2019
Hi. This sounds great to me. To Phyllis, if you read what Janet wrote, she uses it as a side dish not a main. So 4 oz of spaghetti should be just about right. I haven't tried this yet but I bookmarked this recipe for another day. I will most likely add chicken and use this as a main instead.
Jun 26, 2019
Great recipe! Good for a quick dinner, or to take to potlucks.
Jun 2, 2019
I think this recipe is wrong - it calls for 4 oz of spaghetti, yet serves 8! This makes NO SENSE to me!
Apr 2, 2019
Boring food as the recipe goes. Adding ham or sausage is a good idea Mike
Jan 30, 2019
This was good comfort food. Quick, easy and tasty. Next time I will add chopped ham or smoked sausage. A keeper!