Monterey Artichoke Panini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 slices sourdough or multigrain bread
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Top two slices of bread with a slice of cheese each; layer each with 1/4 cup artichokes, 1/4 cup spinach, two tomato slices and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread butter over outside of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 416 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 855mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2015
Yummy and quick! I used marinated artichokes and the sourdough bread. I don't have a panini maker or grill, so toasted it in a non-stick skillet on the stove, which worked out fine. We loved it and definitely have it again.
Jul 26, 2014
Very Good! I also used marinated artichokes because that is what I had. I think the flavor helped enhance the sandwich
Jun 28, 2011
This was very good. The only difference I made was to use marinated artichokes because that is what I had on hand.
Jan 21, 2010
This looks so good. I am hungry.
Nov 8, 2009
We love this recipe. Most times we add a dash of our favorite Italian dressing on the artichokes, but the recipe is great on its own!