Monterey Artichoke Panini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 slices sourdough or multigrain bread
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Top two slices of bread with a slice of cheese each; layer each with 1/4 cup artichokes, 1/4 cup spinach, two tomato slices and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread butter over outside of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 416 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 855mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 13, 2015
Yummy and quick! I used marinated artichokes and the sourdough bread. I don't have a panini maker or grill, so toasted it in a non-stick skillet on the stove, which worked out fine. We loved it and definitely have it again.
Jul 26, 2014
Very Good! I also used marinated artichokes because that is what I had. I think the flavor helped enhance the sandwich
Jun 28, 2011
This was very good. The only difference I made was to use marinated artichokes because that is what I had on hand.
Jan 21, 2010
This looks so good. I am hungry.
Nov 8, 2009
We love this recipe. Most times we add a dash of our favorite Italian dressing on the artichokes, but the recipe is great on its own!