Artichoke Beef Steaks
Light green artichokes and vibrant pimientos dress up these delicious steaks. If weather permits, grill the steaks outside and prepare the topping in a skillet as directed. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1 tablespoon marinade. Coarsely chop artichokes and set aside. Sprinkle steaks with salt.
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in butter over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved marinade for 3 minutes. Add artichokes and pimientos; heat through. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 631 calories, 49g fat (20g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Artichoke Beef Steaks in 2002 Taste of Home Calendar