Artichoke Beef Steaks
Light green artichokes and vibrant pimientos dress up these delicious steaks. If weather permits, grill the steaks outside and prepare the topping in a skillet as directed. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1 tablespoon marinade. Coarsely chop artichokes and set aside. Sprinkle steaks with salt.
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in butter over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved marinade for 3 minutes. Add artichokes and pimientos; heat through. Serve with steaks.