Saucy Tenderloin Skillet Steaks
Their small size makes these flavorful skillet tenderloins from Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana perfect for two.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter and mustard until tender. Rub both sides of steaks with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove steaks and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chives and remaining butter to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes. Pour over steaks. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 steak: 307 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Steak for Two in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006
Dec 20, 2015
Awesome!! Juicy flavorful steaks. Yum
Feb 13, 2012
This was excellent. Had to triple the recipe for 6 steaks which I cooked a total of 5 minutes for quite rare. Everyone loved this. Easy also