Saucy Tenderloin Skillet Steaks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter and mustard until tender. Rub both sides of steaks with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove steaks and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chives and remaining butter to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes. Pour over steaks. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 steak: 307 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 20, 2015
Awesome!! Juicy flavorful steaks. Yum
Feb 13, 2012
This was excellent. Had to triple the recipe for 6 steaks which I cooked a total of 5 minutes for quite rare. Everyone loved this. Easy also