Artichoke Steak Wraps
This simple, fast and flavorful dish is one the whole family loves. It's surprisingly easy to make, and you can broil the steak if you don't want to venture outside.—Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces frozen artichoke hearts (about 2 cups), thawed and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound beef flat iron or top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Lime wedges
- Toss artichoke hearts and tomatoes with cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle steak with pepper and remaining salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 150°), 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices. Serve steak and salsa in tortillas, folding bottom and sides of tortillas to close.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 301 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Beef and Artichoke Salsa Tacos in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.