Artichoke Steak Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces frozen artichoke hearts (about 2 cups), thawed and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound beef flat iron or top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Lime wedges
- Toss artichoke hearts and tomatoes with cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle steak with pepper and remaining salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 150°), 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices. Serve steak and salsa in tortillas, folding bottom and sides of tortillas to close.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 301 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Apr 29, 2020
Delicious! I reduced the recipe to 2 servings; and substituted veggie steak strips. Thank you, Greg, for sharing this recipe.
Sep 27, 2018
Artichokes are a favorite of mine had to try this - used a bit less cilantro but it was enough for me. Delicious