Bistro Apple Panini
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./ batch
- 12 thick-sliced bacon strips, cut in half
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger ale
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 slices Havarti cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In a small bowl, toss apple with ginger ale and lemon juice; set aside.
- Place jelly in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until softened. Stir in tarragon.
- Spread jelly mixture over six bread slices. Top with cheese, apple and bacon. Spread mustard over remaining bread; place over bacon. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 panini: 512 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1235mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 28, 2019
We love the flavors and textures in this sandwich. I have never used Tarragon before but really enjoy it in this combination of ingredients. I have made it several times now and it is a family favorite.
Apr 7, 2017
Wonderful sandwich! We added an egg to eat as a breakfast sandwich and made in cast iron skillet since I've yet to buy a grill. ;) Will definitely be a go-to for us!
Sep 1, 2012
This sandwich was so delicious. I don't use tarragon a lot, so was a little sceptical on how it would all come together. It is just a lovely combination of flavors. I do not have a panini press, so I just used my George Foreman grill, worked just as good.