Monterey Barbecued Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Drain drippings from skillet; cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Top each chicken breast with the barbecue sauce, green onions, tomato and two reserved bacon pieces; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Aug 17, 2011
My family enjoyed this recipe. It was very good and the flavors all worked well together. I omitted the green onions because I didn't have them around but the next time I make this recipe I will definitely be using them to give it the added flavor, though it didn't really need it!
Aug 5, 2010
so tasty and quick! a picky eaters dream!
Mar 27, 2010
This was so easy and tasty too! I loved all the flavors together and think the green onions just set it all off perfectly! I will make this repeatedly!
Feb 17, 2010
Family loved this!!
Sep 5, 2008
this is delicous!the bacon gives it a nice smoky flavor.