Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
Makes2 quiches (6 servings each)
- 10 large eggs
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 unbaked deep-dish pastry shells (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Pour into pastry shells.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 452 calories, 32g fat (16g saturated fat), 239mg cholesterol, 692mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Jun 9, 2014
recipe saved!! THANK YOU. J.
Feb 18, 2014
This review is somewhat mixed. The texture of this quiche was perfect, and it was so simple. However, we thought it was lacking in flavor. Maybe it just needed more salt, but I was thinking pepper jack cheese might kick it up a bit.
Jun 26, 2012
I served this quiche to my book club and they loved it. Delicious and easy to prepare.A real winner. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.