Roast Beef Quiche
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-3/4 cups finely chopped cooked roast beef
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon each dill weed, dried basil and dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 375°. Sprinkle beef and onions into the crust.
- In a bowl, beat the flour and eggs until smooth. Add milk, steak sauce and seasonings; beat until smooth. Stir in cheese and green pepper. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until center is set. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 346 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 14, 2015
I've been making this for a few years now. It is nice to have something different to use up leftover roast beef. The only change I make is to increase the steak sauce and spices by half.
Jun 10, 2013
I've been making this for years! It was one of my very first "let's try something new" recipes when I was first married. I add my leftover roast veggies as well- the little pieces of carrot in there are awesome! I recommended this recipe to my grandma and now she makes it too! :)
Aug 22, 2010
Love it! Big hit with the whole family. I add chunks of the leftover potatoes and carrots too! :)