Crustless Crab Quiche
"I created this recipe as a low-carb breakfast for my husband and me," shares Madonna Cooper of Kansas City, Kansas. "It's fluffy and flavorful, and it cuts well, too."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 264 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 469mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Crustless Crab Quiche in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008