Monterey Ranch Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing with bacon
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups (8 oz.) cheese and 3/4 cup salad dressing with bacon; set aside. Cut 1 loaf (1 lb.) French bread in half lengthwise; brush with 2 Tbsp. melted butter. Broil 4 in. from heat on baking sheets until golden brown. Spread with cheese mixture. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with minced fresh parsley. Serves 8.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 382 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Jun 16, 2015
Absolutely delicious! My kids request this a lot. The only thing I change is I add diced cooked bacon (not bacon bits) prior to baking. It's so yummy!
Nov 24, 2013
My family loves this bread, its a nice change from the usual garlic bread. Great recipe, thanks!!!
Oct 28, 2011
We did not like the flavor. Disappointed because it looked good.
Sep 28, 2011
Deliscious served with soup. There is enough spread to cover 2 side of 2 large loaves. Next time I'm trying diced green onion and maybe diced ham on very thin slices as hour devoure's. Thank you for this recipe, very good!!
Jul 18, 2011
Check out my review of this recipe on my bloghttp://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/06/monterey-ranch-bread.html
Jul 31, 2010
This is a great spin on an old classic cheese bread. this was the right combination of flavours and of all the items left on the menu there wasn't enough of this to wrap up for left overs! great recipe, thanks for sharing!
Jul 1, 2010
My family raved over this bread...so delicious!