Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cooked bacon strips
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- Top each with barbecue sauce, bacon and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and chives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 246 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Apr 1, 2017
We had this delicious chicken tonight and cleaned our plates. The only change was that I added salsa to the chicken instead of tomatoes. I didn't have chives so added sliced green onions. Yummy! We loved this recipe and will be having it again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Sep 22, 2015
Very quick to put together. I double the recipe and make a couple without the BBQ sauce and everybody gets what they want. Great blend of flavors.
Dec 27, 2011
This is such a quick and easy recipe, and my husband loves the addition of bacon, and I love the honey bbq sauce we add.
May 26, 2011
My family really likes this. It is regular in our house.
Jul 1, 2010
Delicious, I've made this many times. I prefer to chop the bacon smaller when I put it on, and use fresh green onion so I can taste the onion more though.
Jul 8, 2009
Quick and easy, the chicken was juicy and tender also! It's a keeper!
Mar 9, 2009
We all enjoyed this chicken and gave it high marks. It will definitely be a repeat dish for our family.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.