Pepperoni Pizza Quiche
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Bake unpricked pastry shell at 375° for 11 minutes. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup Swiss cheese. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, oregano, cayenne and pepper; pour over cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, thyme, sugar and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle remaining Swiss cheese over quiche. Top with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and olives. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 375 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Aug 11, 2019
I just made this for a senior potluck dinner and it was a hit! I cut it into 16 appetizer servings so more people could try it and all were gone within a few minutes. Next time I make this, I will definitely use a deep-dish pie plate as there was too much egg/cream mixture and tomato topping for my regular 9-inch pie plate.
Mar 24, 2018
I make quiche all of the time, and I just omit the crust. Pour everything in a pie pan, or 8" x 8" pan, and bake according to the recipe. I never miss the crust. I'm not good at making homemade crust, and I just don't like the taste of store bought. I usually serve it with a nice crusty loaf of bread available on the side. I'm going to add red pepper flakes as another reviewer suggested.
Apr 18, 2014
Look fwd. to trying this. As with all TOH recipes though it's sure to be a winner! Since I must limit carbs, this recipe limits them. Am glad about that.
May 18, 2013
Makes two quiches. And its very delicious. Next time, I might add some red pepper flakes to give it a kick, but was very good according to the recipe.