Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup flaked imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Immediately sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust.
- Reduce heat to 375°. In a skillet, saute red pepper and onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, red pepper mixture and remaining cheese. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 290 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 13, 2017
This is fabulous! Easy, elegant, and YUMMY! - great for entertaining.
Oct 31, 2017
Tried this recipe last thanksgiving 2016 I also added shrimps to it. My family fell in love with it. It now on e of our favor especially during the holidays.
Oct 31, 2017
Try this recipe last thanksgiving 2016. My family fell in love with it. It now on e of our favor especially during the holidays.
Mar 12, 2017
This is delicious if you love imitation crab (which I do). I, too, added a clove of minced garlic and used roasted red pepper instead of fresh because that's what I had. I also used the whole 8 oz. package of imitation crab instead of the 3/4 cup. This is so easy to put together and bakes in the time indicated. Not a lot of guesswork here. Try it, I liked it a lot.
Dec 16, 2014
I was looking for a recipe that was close to my mothers and finally found it. The only difference is she used real crabmeat, but I tried it with the imitation and it's still pretty good. Thanks
Jun 18, 2012
I've made this several times, with good results. It doesn't really take very long to assemble and you could easily use real crab. I always used a whole 8 oz package of the imitation crab (shredded style).
Oct 11, 2011
It was great!! I used real crab and put in extra crab and cheese.
Sep 7, 2011
Even my daughter who doesn't like seafood thought this recipe should probably go in our favorites. :)
Apr 1, 2011
This was great but I did add some Old Bay seasoning to it, love the flavors.
Feb 16, 2011
I used real crab in mine and it was delicious. Top it off with some hot sauce and it was perfect
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.