Montego Bay Chicken
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, juice, sugar, garlic, hot pepper sauce, extract and ginger; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 134 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Aug 21, 2016
Quick, easy and delicious. I cooked this on non stick aluminum foil on the barbecue to keep the chicken from drying out before it was cooked through.
Mar 28, 2015
Not Crazy about the flavors.
Oct 2, 2014
My husband and I really liked this. I marinated my chicken for about 5 hours. I couldn't find my hot sauce so that ingredient was left out and I substituted brandy extract for the rum because that's what I had. I was juicy and flavorful. I will definitely make again!
Mar 25, 2014
Aug 11, 2013
I 'cheated' and used thighs and legs ... took the skin off and it was EXCELLENT; however would be easier to eat with BNLS chicken
Jun 27, 2013
Very nice flavor! I marinated the chicken for about 4 hours... it turned out great. Very easy. Will definitely make this again.
Apr 25, 2012
it as really good. But next time, I want to save some of the marinated from the chicken, cook it to kill any bacteria from the chicken, and sprinkle it over the chicken when it's done grilling, before serving. When I grilled the chicken I lost some of the flavor of the marinated.
Aug 30, 2011
This is so flavorful. I am not good atthe charcoal grill, so I broiled it. I like toserve it with Curried Pineapple Rice (QuickCooking), steamed broccoli, and CocunutCream Pie (Quick Cooking) or BroiledBananas a la Mode (Taste of Home).
Sep 5, 2010
Heather 91286 If you read carefully, you will see brown sugar is the ingredient listed after the juice and that is the sugar they are referring to in the directions.
Sep 3, 2010
The recipe directions state there is sugar in this recipe but it's not included in the ingredients.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.