- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 tablespoons chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 4-6 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons broth, wine, lemon juice, basil and oregano. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken.
1 serving: 146 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.