Lemon Garlic Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 tablespoons chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 4-6 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons broth, wine, lemon juice, basil and oregano. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 146 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 4, 2018
Great recipe! Came together super quick and the whole family loved it. I doubled the sauce and served it with mashed potatoes.
May 19, 2016
This was good. Herbs were a little strong. Thats why 4 stars. I would make again.
Mar 19, 2015
Loved this chicken! Simple to make. I actually used chicken strips as that's what I had in the fridge and they worked just fine. The garlic was mild and sweet, and the lemon flavor was fresh and delicious. I will be making this again soon. Oh, I also served it with buttered egg noodles with lemon zest, and roasted asparagus. Great meal!
Jul 29, 2014
This was excellent. My daughter, who rarely asks for seconds of my cooking, actually went back for a second helping, and even said, "This is really good, mom."
Feb 19, 2014
Excellent. Definitely will make this again.
Apr 1, 2012
This was really good!!! My husband was saying "mmm" after every bite and told me that this one is a keeper. The chicken came out tender and flavorful.
Dec 10, 2011
Very tasty and easy to make. I tried a little something different-once the chicken and garlic were done, I pureed the garlic into the gravy. Served with my Parmesan potatoes, and would definitely make it again!!
Sep 18, 2011
Delicious and moist! Love the flavor. Wouldn't have thought I would ever eat whole garlic cloves, but they were delicious as well!
Jan 26, 2011
Awesome chichen! I will remake it in 2 weeks. The best garlic chicken I have eaten so far.
Oct 10, 2010
This was a great recipe, it came together quickly. However, my gravy turned out really thick following these directions, I added extra wine and broth, it turned out good and tasted good, very moist, will make again would impress guests.