Lemon Cream Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a shallow bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper. Dip chicken breasts in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-7 minutes per side. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in pan.
- Add broth to skillet; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup cream, lemon juice and mushrooms; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining flour and cream until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 381 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 15, 2019
This was easy to prepare and delicious! It looked very gourmet. My husband loved it and so did I. Served it with mashed potatoes which worked great with the mushroom sauce. I made this last week and am making it again tonight!
Mar 7, 2019
It was so DELICIOUS! I adjusted it it only a little by adding garlic to the broth just before the mushrooms and I used pink Himalayan salt and butter and 2% milk because I was out of heavy cream. Turned out super delicious. Perfect for meal prep. I'm pairing it with jasmine rice and mixed veggies. ?????? gourmet without the hassle!
Mar 6, 2019
This was great! I used only one large (13 oz) breast and cubed it. Husbands right arm is in a sling and figured this would make it easier on both of us! It did and it turned out great. I used 1/2
Feb 26, 2019
This was absolutely delicious! I was licking the remainder of the sauce out of the pan. :D
Feb 20, 2019
Awesome! I added another tablespoon of lemon juice. It was perfect. Not too lemony but you could taste lemon. I also pounded the chicken breasts to tenderize. Absolutely perfect?? I only had 3 decent sized chicken breasts so there was plenty of sauce. My sister who is a manager of a restaurant said this was easily a chicken dish that would be served in an top notch restaurant. Yay, I can’t wait to make it again.
Jan 7, 2019
Delicious. I served over egg noodles. I added a touch more lemon. We had green beans with it. Will be making again for sure!!
Jan 7, 2019
Loved this! I served over pasta.
Nov 18, 2018
This is very very good. Made it pretty much as written except I cooked the mushrooms with a very small onion finely minced, in broth ( Better Than Bullion, always! ) first. As I had 2 really large breasts, (2- 1/2 lbs) I cut them into 6 pieces. Next time I will pound them a little to get even cooking time. Lemon was not overpowering at all, in fact I mentioned to DW that it could have used a little more. Will be making it again...and again!
Nov 11, 2018
Fantastic! My two picky teenage boys loved it! I did leave out the mushrooms because that would have scared them away! I made no other changes. Also, I used the exact amount of lemon juice and was not too lemony! As one of my boys said, "It's called lemon chicken mom!"
Oct 21, 2018