Creamy Lemon Chicken Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 medium carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Add the chicken and rice. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Whisk together eggs and lemon juice; quickly stir into soup. Add oregano and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 133 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 30, 2014
Easy to make and delicious
Apr 15, 2011
followed the recipe exactly and i LOVED it! my husband thought it was too much lemon so next time i'll cut it to 1/4 c. but i loved it as is!