Cream Cheese Chicken Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add the broth, carrots and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the chicken, parsley, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 272 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Dec 13, 2019
Best soup ever! I’ve been using this recipe for over 4 years, my children love it!! We skip the potatoes though.
Nov 12, 2019
Had this at my friend's house and came looking for the recipe!
May 10, 2019
this was really good. Hubby loved it too. Made minor changes-used frozen peas/carrots instead of just carrots. I shredded the chicken and I used half/half instead of milk and I added a little rosemary. Next time I might add some corn. This soup was very tasty and creamy.
Feb 14, 2019
So good and creamy, very nutritious and tasty!
Dec 9, 2018
We've made this several times love it! We've added peas, celery and garlic. Even substituted tuna (2 cans of Kirkland albacore) in place of the chicken after the cream cheese. On our list of FAVS!
May 13, 2018
This is very good and very filling. To make it lower carb I omitted the flour and used heavy whipping cream instead. I had green onion so used that and really liked the flavor.
Mar 29, 2018
This was an easy soup to make. We all enjoyed it.
Mar 12, 2018
I made this soup almost exactly as directed except I added about 1 cup of frozen peas and used low-fat cream cheese. I also used store-bought rotisserie chicken I had in the freezer. It was delicious! With the potatoes, carrots & peas mixed it, it was very colorful, and it was thick enough to be hearty, but not too thick to enjoy. This seems to be a soup that you can add just about any vegetable you have on hand, and clean out your freezer as well. This will definitely be added to my list of soups to make.
Nov 28, 2017
My husband only eats KFC. I made this soup for me because I love chicken. He tried it and I almost didn't get a bowl. Now he asks for it regularly.
Nov 11, 2017
This is one of my favorite soups. I added a cup of frozen peas. I've made it three times now and all three times it came out good.